Directed by: Brad Radby
Starring: Jim Carrey, Courtney Cox, Tommy Lee Jones
Critics Average: 3/5 Stars
Box Office (US): $239M
BRAD RADBY’S SYNOPSIS
At the start of the movie, Jim Carrey is living the bad life, with a job that is bad, and a bad attitude, and also a shy way that he lives. He’s so shy and doesn’t talk to anyone.
Then he goes to a bowling alley, and there’s a twinkle sound when he walks in. The owner, who is Tommy Lee Jones, tells him to go bowl a 300 game or he’ll never have happy times ever, or be on the popular bowling team with his pretty and nice co-worker, who is Courtney Cox.
Jim doesn’t talk to her because of the shyness, even though she is nice, and she says nice things about him when the important businessmen make their jokes that are for making Jim get his sadness.
Courtney has a ponytail with a pretty ribbon.
Jim tries to go do it, but he can’t, so Tommy Lee Jones gives him some magic bowling shoes that give him courage and a sassy attitude. Jim goes around being in everyone’s face, and learns about being around people and about going all the way with hot chicks.
Then he gets way too much in peoples’ faces, and learns his lesson too much, so he goes back to the bowling alley and gives his magic attitude shoes back. He goes over and bowls a 300 game all on his own and wins it for the popular team, and then Courtney Cox kisses him.
Also he got a better job for some reason.
BRAD RADBY’S PRODUCTION NOTES
1) The funniest day on set was when Jim made jokes and then second best was the day he was making funny faces.
2) In the beach party scene, like as a tribute to my student movie BBQ Cheerleaders Party 3, I put some cheerleaders in the background, and I was with them doing the BBQing.
3) It was my idea to make the bowling shoes have a blue stripe, because I like blue and I like stripes, and that is a meme in all my movies.
4) My dad came to the set and he hated all the jokes, and he brought his horsey Pencils that day and Pencils was like, “NAY! NAY! NAY!” and I was like, “BE QUIET YOU HORSEY!” wtf
5) On this movie was the first time I ever had pizza and that’s when I knew I liked being a director for sure! :)