ABOUT THE REAL BRAD RADBY
A Clarification and Semi-Apology by Brian Spaeth
Hey, now that the actual real-life Brad is on Facebook, I need to excuse myself from the super-meta-fiction and explain something, since he called me all angry, and said some people had sent him nasty notes.
I wrote Brad – who’s one of my best friends – into my book Prelude to a Super Airplane. He’s a director and producer in real life, and I made him into this kind of buffoon/savant auteur of completely baffling, yet successful films. At the time I did this, Brad wasn’t really online at all, save for email. (And I think MySpace.)
The fake Brad was so endearing to me in PTSA, I wrote this book about his fake career. Now that the real Brad is online, apparently he considers the book not so much humorous, as actually bad for his reputation, being that some people think he’s a fake person.
1) Real Brad: Nice guy; produced my movie Who Shot Mamba?; not a buffoon/savant.
2) Fake Brad: Nice guy, directed all the fake movies on this site; is a buffoon/savant.
Other non-public figures I did this
for to in Super Airplane:
1) Tim Spaeth (my brother)
2) Jeff Spaeth (my dad)
3) Kristen Spaeth (my sister)
4) Cheryl Spaeth (my mother)
5) Eastham Way (writer friend)
6) Michael J. Mikolay (childhood friend)
7) Dan Coe (composer friend)
8) Kevin Samuels (music producer friend)
9) Rob Gokee (composer friend)
10) Myself (me)
I have no idea what this says about me, but it does mean all of the above people, including Brad Radby, are innocent of being fake people, and/or buffoon savants.